Where is the Pensacola Beach Rubble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sontek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We want to go find the rubble shore dive to see if its still covered by the sandbar or not... what side is it on? How far out is it?

East of the fishing pier, line up with the east side of the life guard station/bathroom thingy and head out about 150 yards-ish.

Reports have come in that the rubble has uncovered and is a good dive once again.

We want to go find the rubble shore dive to see if its still covered by the sandbar or not... what side is it on? How far out is it?

The best way to find the Pier Rubble is to surface swim to it the first couple times at least. First you want to get in the water and look in the direction of the new bathrooms. Line yourself up on the right side of the building and start back swimming out. Start counting the pier pilings (starting from the ones in the water) while keeping yourself lined up with the right side of the bathroom building. Once you are at piling #16 you are there. Look down and you should be all over it. If not just have your mask on and you will locate in no time at all.

Make sure to have a dive flag to stay safe and prevent getting a fine.

Anyone interested in Beach Diving Pensacola Beach wih me on July 4th?

We were there today (sontek and I). Great dive spot. Saw possibly a small baby nurse shark, lots of blennies, pufferfish, sand crabs and much more! It was roughly 20ft visibility today and very warm calm waters. What a terrific dive - definitely worth doing again.. and again!

Anyone interested in Beach Diving Pensacola Beach wih me on July 4th?

There are a lot of boaters near the beach on July 4th. I'd suggest that you not scuba dive on the 4th at P'Cola Beach as a lot of boat "Operators" do not know what a dive flag means little alone the laws associated with one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom