where is the cheapest canister light??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miruku

Reaction score
i am intrested on getting an oms canister light (maybe 30W) ~~ do u guys (and girls) know where i can get it cheap in canada ?? ~~ thanx ~~:confused:~~ (or i'll just have to make one myself)

Look for a used one. $400 lights regularly sell for low 200's.

Dave D

i was thinking of getting a oms phantom maybe 30W or 10W hid ~~ but i think hid is just too expensive for me to get ~~ so..... ~~ i don't mind getting a used one ~~ just that i don't know where or which dive shop that carries it ~~ my price range is around 300 to 400 cnd ~~ so...... ~~ don't have much to spend ~~:D

Now that NiMH/HID are becoming more common, there are lots of cheap halogen canister lights on eBay as people upgrade and sell their old lights. Keep an eye out on there for a bargain.

You could look on Ebay or cavediver.net - They have a gear section and canister lights are popping up on that regularly. GUE's web site also has a used gear section.

Eric

Not sure why you would want the cheapest so I assume you meant the least expensive one that works well. When I looked into it, the HID light heads alone (not including canister, battery, or charger) cost more than you want to spend so perhaps your best bet is a used one.

If you want the largest canister, talk to O-ring. He has one that looks big enough to hold a standard 12-volt car battery that might significantly reduce the cost.

Mike

Actually I will sell you my light for $5 a pound...just send me a check for $2500 and that should cover shipping as well. You can see how big it is (roughly) in my profile pic..it is under my right arm and is red and white..

Oring, is that the WKPP AUL light I see? Weighs in at about 18lbs on land I think. I might have a chance at one of those for about 150 quid. That is if I can convince my buddy to get that HID he's been drooling over. I am a poor college guy so the HID is a ways off for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom