Where is the Best Diving in Southern Florida (other than the Keys)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do know a couple of realtors that operate in broward to the keys that do deal with homes in that price range - PM me if you're interested and no i wont make anything off it cept someone else to dive with in S. Fl.

i'm not sure whether there are more wrecks to dive in s florida or golf courses... very debatable.

I am looking to retire to Florida. My wife loves the beach and I love golf and diving. It's easy to find lots of info on beaches and golf but I'm struggling to find the best location to ensure I am reasonably close to some good diving.

I am an experienced diver with wreck certification (like more than wreck dives though).

Where is the best shore diving in Southern Florida? (or is there any?)
Where are the best dive locations South of Tampa - East or West Coast (besides the Keys)?

... Bonus question ... If you had $500,000 to buy a place in South Florida where would YOU look?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Best shore diving? Pompano to Hollywood

Best diving with golf/beaches/lifestyle? - I vote Jupiter

Bonus - Jupiter

There are some interesting recommendations here, some of which made my blood run cold.

Broward county? Uh, ok... You'll certainly find something in your price range. That's all I have to say on that.

West Palm Beach? Great if you want to see your neighborhood featured on Cops. Maybe even be on Cops if the wife's attitude needs a little adjustment.

I like Jupiter a lot. I just wonder what you get for $500,000 up there. For diving AND golf, that would be the place. Plus PBI beats the hell out of FLL for convenience if you travel much at all. I'd look from Jupiter on up to Stuart. Nothing north of that - just too boring and crime-ridden.

Good luck with the move.

I like Broward better than Palm Beach :) but just like any area - there are parts that you wouldn't recommend to live in... an example -- Boca Raton is a nice place a lot of expensive housing & cars (Tesla is putting in a dealership in Town Center Mall somehow)-- but i wouldn't want to live near Dixie Hwy. It didn't get the nickname Dog pound for nothing :)

figure out what kind of diving & how far you want to drive for it -- and which are your preferred Golf Courses and go from there... Doral in Miami is pretty famous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom