Where is all the fish in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just spent 2 weeks at Taveuni Dive Resort. The diving was excellent. Some dives there were tons of fish and some dives were less. Like any dive trip there were variables involved. We saw sharks occasionally. Some divers saw manta`s. I never did. Food and accommodations at the resort were absolutely fantastic as were the staff. If you are looking for larger fish encounters on a regular basis there are better places, but Fiji has a vibe both above and below that is unique and good.

Just spent 2 weeks at Taveuni Dive Resort. The diving was excellent. Some dives there were tons of fish and some dives were less. Like any dive trip there were variables involved. We saw sharks occasionally. Some divers saw manta`s. I never did. Food and accommodations at the resort were absolutely fantastic as were the staff. If you are looking for larger fish encounters on a regular basis there are better places, but Fiji has a vibe both above and below that is unique and good.
Perryed, can you share something about the resort? I saw it online and was trying to understand if it has direct access to the ocean and any beach or if it is iron shore. Can you elaborate on your fish sightings, please?

There is no beach. You walk about 200 meters to the boats from the resort where they keep your gear set up for you. There is fantastic snorkeling from the dock area that has very easy access. There is a boat ramp you walk directly into the water. Reef starts about15 meters out and is thick and healthy.

As far as fish sightings, there were sites where there were clouds of fish, best I`ve seen anywhere. Some sites were better than others. We saw several white tipped reef sharks and a lot of nudibranchs. A dozen or so pigmy seahorses too along with clown triggers(one of my favorites). The sites were quite variable in their fish population but never disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom