Where do you get your photo's printed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okidata color lazer printer.

after editing and sizing, of course.
---

Much of my "printing" is to simply burn them to CD for those who want them.

are you people with printers using archival inks?

and how does that cost compared to outsourcing?

catherine96821:

Oki laser uses toner.
4-colors CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow [K]Black)

The Toner is fused to the paper after printing is done (unlike inkjet and bubblejet that sprays ink onto paper)
===
While the cost of each toner cartridge is about $100.00, they last 30 times longer than ink cartridges (anywhere from 19,000 to 25,000 sheets)
---

So, by cost analysis, it is VERY cheap to use toner over ink, and the fusing process eliminates the need for a special archival ink.
====

Initial cost of the laser printer was $498.00, but it came with all four toner cartridges, and 1 year of onsite repair (if needed)

catherine96821:

I use archival ink, I have never compared the cost as I enjoy doing it myself. I use glossy paper most of the time as it seems to be a sharper picture (to me), I occasionally use other papers when I want a soft or dreamy look.

So, by cost analysis, it is VERY cheap to use toner over ink,

so..should I want this? how much was the printer?

Capt, Have you ever tried printing on watercolor paper or artist paper?

catherine96821:
so..should I want this? how much was the printer?

So, by cost analysis, it is VERY cheap to use toner over ink, and the fusing process eliminates the need for a special archival ink.
====

Initial cost of the laser printer was $498.00, but it came with all four toner cartridges, and 1 year of onsite repair (if needed)

That is the price in this are from my local computer store. I don't know about your area

Okidata C3200
----
Please understand that I am by no means a pro at photography. It is only the item I use. Someone with more photography experience may be able to give you their experienced advice

Charlie99:
Why? Reflections of room lighting on the glossy photos?

I prefer glossy. I dislike seeing the matte texture when looking closely at photos.

Quality-wise from Walmart... I wasn't too fond of glossy, I only go there for my carry around photos, and maybe a poster.

For my artsy-fartsy framed pics I go to Ritz or Beach Photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom