Where do you dive during the winter months?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive year round in New England. Water was a crisp and cold 29f last weekend. Now I prefer it a bit warmer than that but you have to get your fix somehow. Drysuits are the greatest invention.

My wife's cousin is a Florida DM/Instructor and he's a total wimp when it comes to colder water. Went to visit him one January and the 69f water was too chilly for him. He would not go in.

DSDO

Alan

Anytime. Anywhere. Any temp. I am fortunate however. Where I work I have a heated 30' in diameter by 24' in depth tank to dive in whenever I want. Only downside is, you really feel for fish in an aquarium, because you know exactly how they feel.

I dive year round in the gulf. I love the "mentality' crap.....how many people are native floridians anyway? Here's a shot for you folks......I wear boots, jeans, armored jacket, helmet and gloves year round on my motorcycle here in florida...even summer.

We dive year-round in the same water. Just a little more work to get to in the winter months, as you can see. Mind you, I wouldn't complain if we got shifted out to the west coast.

does diving into your bathtub full of hot water counts? probably my favorite
diving in winter

I dive year-around in local lakes and spring-fed rivers. The rivers temp range 68-72 degrees year round, but are very shallow, 6-12 feet. The local lake is at 55 degrees now and will reach the mid-80s in summer.

Snowbear:
Same places I dive in the summer - just more from shore and less boat time due to stormy weather. I did, however, make a couple of trips to the balmy southern waters of Puget Sound :D

LOL - it is relative ain't it.

My first dive with Snowbear ... we get out of the water and the first thing she says is "this warm water diving is really nice" ... the water temp was 48F.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Personally I am heading to the North Pole in about a month for a series of dives that start with decent through an ice hole that's in up to 30 feet thick with water temps hovering around 26 degrees and surface temps that can exceed -125 degrees below 0 farenheight WCF.

The cold 70+ degree temps off pensacola a week after I return will feel very warm to me...

dove today & last night. The waters today were a balmy 43-ish compared to last nights 39 degrees....

If it's not too cold in Canada then it's not to cold in Florida!!!

Back
Top Bottom