Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a sealife sports diver phone housing the other day and took it to my local lake to give it a test run. I'm off to Maui in a few weeks and wanted to make sure I knew how to use it and that it didn't have any issues.

I'm not a photographer and the water was green as, but I think the photos came out ok. It was cool to see the difference a light makes, although my torch is too focussed for photography I think.

The trout hung out surprisingly close, and I later found out from the dive shop that a trout had bitten one of their students at that site a few days earlier!

KTFNE6736.JPG
WGIA2259.JPG

although my torch is too focussed for photography I think.
Check out a NiteScuba V20 on Amazon. They're a nice little video light that's both inexpensive and reliable. I keep one as my backup and for when buddies need one. It comes with a battery, charger, and ball mount adapter.

a trout had bitten one of their students at that site a few days earlier

Your trout bit people???? That's probably the most aggressive being in NZ. I have dealt with many folks from NZ in person and via email for work and friends, they are the nicest people I have worked or dealt with.

Your trout bit people???? That's probably the most aggressive being in NZ. I have dealt with many folks from NZ in person and via email for work and friends, they are the nicest people I have worked or dealt with.

Trout in NZ come from America :wink:

They really have restructured themselves economically quite admirably over the last 40 years

I have dealt with many folks from NZ in person and via email for work and friends, they are the nicest people I have worked or dealt with.

Mate you'd even invite the cops home for Sunday lunch and meet the family even after they give you a ticket

Ha ha ha ha ha

067.JPG

anyway I sure as heck stuck to the driving and didn't go diving here yesterday

Well for a change Happy, our sea didn't look like your picture yesterday. Had a lovely cray dive to 24m in 10 deg C water with 2m ish hazy vis. Lots in berry and soft shell (can't take either of them) but fishery in good health.

Well for a change Happy, our sea didn't look like your picture yesterday. Had a lovely cray dive to 24m in 10 deg C water with 2m ish hazy vis. Lots in berry and soft shell (can't take either of them) but fishery in good health.

10 degrees? Holy moly! Do you guys wear drysuits down there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom