Where did you solo dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been limited to diving off my local beach in Norfolk, in the UK. The North Sea can be really good and equally bad
20200627122258_IMG_7068-01.jpeg
20200627122108_IMG_7062_1.JPG

Attachments

• 20200718070726_IMG_7232.JPG
    20200718070726_IMG_7232.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200627063057_IMG_6994-01.jpeg
    20200627063057_IMG_6994-01.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 77
I've been limited to diving off my local beach in Norfolk, in the UK. The North Sea can be really good and equally bad

Whereabouts in Norfolk are you diving? I have family who live in Cromer, and I have been told there are a few good beach dives in the area (depending on conditions).

Just about to leave for Stockton Lake, MO for a few dives.

ETA-Got 3 dives in this morning, sun came up during the second dive. What a perfect morning!

DW

Wow, that brings back memories; haven't dove Tahoe in more than ten years. There was once a dive shop on South Shore, that we frequented. Do any dive shops still remain; or did you have to hall your tanks, up along HWY-50?

Perhaps a post-apocalyptic, high altitude dive will be in order, after everything "calms" down . . .

Tahoe Dive Center This place is off of Kingsbury Grade just off of Hwy 50 in south Shore. I believe they're still opn.

Jim

South of the hillsboro inlet, our typical set of dives on the 40-60' reef line. Water temp was mid to low 80's felt pretty good. Slight north current, so slight you could easily go in any direction without much effort.
This was almost a copy and paste from the previous Saturday as far as conditions and chill factor but lately with so much crap going on each dive feels like more magnificent than the previous one.
Today in particular everything just went well. Sometimes I have too much air in the wing and come slightly up from the backroll, others I have zero air and go down smoothly from the back roll but faster than my ears can handle ... Not today ... Today I had unwind enough line on the flag reel, had the perfect amount of air in the wing to just glide head down and see the reef welcome me once again. I can have that view a million times and never feels repetitive.
Then you see the little rivers of sand meandering around the reefs with so much potential for treasures (or lobster) and of course all the typical creatures out and about... I say typical but they are not typical, they are all special in their own way. I didn't see anything big today but so much life around, it makes you forget momentarily what a cluster fuvck are things topside.
Why can't we have a president that goes diving every weekend... I think regardless of the political party a diver would do better for the people.

Hudson River near Moreau, NY - Spier Falls Road.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom