Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today I dived to nowhere...

I wanted to celebrate Ocean Day by diving at Rosario Beach (where I did an awesome dive yesterday. Everything is interesting there even with low visibility: the topography, the invertebrates and the fish too. I saw a school of tiny shrimps and super tiny baby fish among other creatures), but when I opened the air valve of the cylinder I discovered with frustration and disappointment that it was down to 750PS! I basically rented an empty tank and the three of us (the shop assistant, my buddy and I) did not bother to check it:shakehead:)

MT6 ... a sunken barge in Elliot Bay (Puget Sound).

Max depth, 202 fsw. Total run time, 72 minutes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

not today, but soon, i'll go to red sea again with my pal : ), haha

stunning-underwater-photos-2_08062009235351.jpg

Outstanding photo, Marie ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bainbridge Quarry, PA

Not the marathon dive of last week, but pretty darn close.

Maximum Depth: 49ft.

Duration: 57 minutes

Coldest temps: 46 (getting warmer!) ;-)

Forty Fathoms Grotto.

Max depth 110'

Water temp 71

Vis 5-10'

Overall was a good dive (as pretty much any chance to be underwater is) this was my 1st trip to FFG and I understand it's a lot nicer than even a yr ago. They are still working on a gear elevator that will be very nice and handy when completed.We were greeted by a very nice/thorough staff. It was pretty much empty while we were there. ( class of 5-6 Students and 2 instructors) There were 5 of us diving, My wife and I finishing our advanced, Our Instructor and 2 other ladies. On our first descent my wife got to the 15' platform and did not like the Viz so she ascended, We continued our dive after the Instruc got back and had a good time seeing the plane and boat which was dificult with the vis. We did our SI and upon returning we talked my wife into going down by the wall where there was more light, she did and had a good dive after she got acclimated. Had a great day of diving, But overall I think the entrance fee of $53 (tax included) was a little much.

Well, it doesnt count as a dive since it was only 3 minutes long...

But me and two other divers in our local club went out to grotvik and was going to marker the sand/stone edge on the reef so that those on the boat could drog an 100kg anchor down as a cesa-bouy anchor.

But there was terrible conditions, 2m waves...So we were towed out by the 'Marine Rescue's rescue-runner and was dropped of and was going to find the edge...We went down and landed on sand bottom on 9meters depth...Visibility was zero...We thumbed it and was towed back in.

Did 2 dives on the Empire Mica off Port St. Joe today. The water was a beautiful 80 degrees and seas were running about 2 feet. A little sporty in the small boat we were in but still very doable. The viz was about 40 feet and the jellies were pretty thick to about 30 feet. The first dive was to 107 ft for 36 minutes we saw 2 large goliaths and a 6 foot nurse shark. The second dive was considerably shorter since our SI was cut short because my buddy was getting seasick. 95 feet for 17 minutes. All in all very enjoyable. saw 3 extremely large mantas on the way back to the dock.

Off Pompano Beach....wreck dive, drift dive...currents were up

A filthy little quarry called Trout Lake in Innerkip, Ontario. Dove solo at 25' for 44 minutes. A pretty uneventful dive but the first of the year so no complaints! Can't wait to do some really good locations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom