Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally I can chime in again...YaHoo Pearl Lake, So Beloit...I know...at least it was wet, and cold, and dark.....A whopping 25' at 52*....for 74 minutes. Too cold to do 2...

Cool shot of Big Momma Bass: Hanging out at about 12' with a boat fishing about 15' away

BigMomma.jpg

Today is "Luilak". Time for some early dives, real early...

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
413|Vinkeveense plassen, Zandeiland 4|54 Minutes|11M/36Ft|13C/55F
414|Vinkeveense plassen, Zandeiland 4|38 Minutes|7M/23Ft|15C/59F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

"Luilak" is the day before Whitsun when traditionally, people would get up real early to wake everybody else up. In honour of that tradition, we were at the dive site at 06:00 AM this morning.

Last edited:
And what would "Luilak" be???

Translated it would be "slacker"
But it's a local tradition where people have to get up early to get special bargins.
Or go and do things early in the morning.I just hate "luilak":D
Let me be a slacker.:rofl3:

Last edited:
Today, I dove in Thunersee (Lake Thun) to see the great cliff.

77 meters/253 feet, 56 minutes, 4-15C/39-59F

ausfluege-gruppen.jpg

Picture from www.bls.ch

Today? In the pool of Ron Smith, of Smith Aerospace. The Scuba Club from work had their annual "Refresher" there today, and after lunch, I got to try his DOL-Fin monofin system.

It was interesting to take a few laps of his pool with one of his prototypes. It took a bit of getting used to, but when I got the rhythm right, it provided a very smooth, efficient movement through the water. I watched Ron do some laps in the pool using one, and he was getting some impressive speed with it.

He offered to make one for me, but as cool as it is, it's not in the budget right now.

Last edited:
Wreck of the Wexford, Lake Huron. Either the mooring buoys had been cut, or not installed yet, we did have to hunt around for the wreck a fair bit even with a GPS and fishfinder. The viz on the wreck herself was about 10 ft, giving a ghostly feel to this tragic wreck.

The Wexford was one of eight ships lost in Lake Huron in a severe November storm in 1913, the storm also hit other of the Great Lakes with a total loss of life of 250 people. The Wexford is the most recently found of the Lake Huron 1913 Great Storm wrecks.

TheStar.com | GTA | Reliving the White Hurricane of 1913

Wexford

Search & Discovery

37 minutes, 65 ft, 41 degrees.

Went to 'Grotviks Harbour' today...Great day, no clouds as far as the eye could see and a nice buddie at my side. Much activity in the water, lots of fish and eels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom