Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove Lake Crescent, WA. Didn't find the underwater forest we were looking for, but the weather was awesome and the Olympics are really scenic - felt like celebrating.

-Nick

n12005280_31743778_346.jpg

showfull.php

Got to play DM with 3 dives an instructor and a small class today at Haigh Quarry... 58 deg. air... 57 deg surface... 30 foot vis. in a leaking drysuit!!! It rocked...

Dove the Dive Stop Dive Stop quarry in New Melle, MO (west of St. Louis) today.

Visibility was 20 to 25 feet above 33 feet, and 5-10 below that level. Water temp 62 on the surface down to 33 feet, and 54 degrees at 50 feet.

We did one dive, 50 minutes in (I was in a shorty with farmer john 5 mil wetsuit, and no hood or gloves. I don't own either, gotta change that... it was WAY too cold to not have a hood or gloves for me).

We had originally planned to do two one-tank dives, but took the second tanks home full because I could tell I was just going to be too cold to have any fun on the second dive.

Live and learn, next time I will have a hood and gloves.

Another Friday, another two dives... :yeahbaby:

The Bad News: my instabuddy was a freshly minted diver AKA an air hog (nothing that a bit of experience won't cure... :))
The Good News: One tank was sufficient for two dives.

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
343|Vinkeveense Plassen|48 Minutes|10M/33Ft|10C/50F
344|Vinkeveense Plassen|25 Minutes|8M/26Ft|10C/50F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Just one dive today... :depressed:
(#75 for the year)

[table 0 0 3]#|Location|Duration|Depth|Temp
345|Scharendijke|60 Minutes|10M/33Ft|9C/48F[/table]
So, where did you dive today? :)

Went shark-toothing in Venice. Hubby and I found 100+ teeth, a few big ones too! Water was freezing, about 68F. Broke out the 5 mil and the hood...didn't help much :cold:. I got to break out my dive parka for the first time. How did I ever live without it??? Kept me nice and toasty after the dives. All in all a great dive, viz was about 10 feet on first dive, went down to 5' by the end of the second dive.

Attachments

• PB020063.jpg
    PB020063.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 48
This was yesterday but, so what?!?! I didn't have time to post it then.

This is me in Freeport touching a shark butt. I think I liked it.

Iamsofreakincool.jpg

Did open water check out dives with two students, excellent visability 25 - 30 feet, water was 63 degrees F, deepest of the four dives 32 feet, total bottom time approx 106 min.:D

Well, I went for a nice dive in Georgian Bay, 47 degrees, 49 minutes, 17 ft, still looking for a shallow water wreck and still not finding it. Topside it was 20 degrees C!!!! for Ontario, Canada, November 4, 2008. Peaceful, calm, some crayfish.

I went for a dive on this historic day, the American 2008 election, because I wanted to feel calm, hopeful, positive. All the world is hoping, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom