Where did you dive today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had embarrassing situation of taking student for her first sea dive and first ever wreck dive....and failed to find the wreck.

Shot line was within 5m of the 7000 ton, 300ft long wreck as the previous group were fine but somehow i got completely disorientated on hitting the bottom and spent 30 mins swimming around looking at a flat mud bottom and failed to find the wreck at all.

Whoops :confused:

Im going to get some abuse about this one for a while :)

La Jolla Cove, with what seemed like a hundred other divers. 10-12 ft viz, light surge, very nice. Thought I was over the virus thing, but I had to nap this afternoon, so I may have been pushing it, but it was good to get wet. One funny thing, Calico Bass are usually pretty stand-offish, but one swam over and took a bite at my SPG!! Don't know what he was thinking.

Yesterday I dived Lake Crescent ... a deep lake nestled in the mountains on the Olympic Peninsula. We visited a couple of old cars that had run off the road ... the Warren car and the Steele car.

Max depth was 211 ffw. Bottom time was 25 minutes. Total run time was 78 minutes.

After completing our deco we passed around my camera (that I had left clipped to the buoy line at 20 feet) and took a few pics of each other playing on our scoots ...

Marc ...

CIMG7429.jpg

CIMG7436.jpg

Bones ...

CIMG7432.jpg

CIMG7435.jpg

... and me ...

CIMG7438.jpg

CIMG7441.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Final dives for my deep class. Best class I've taken not because of the material (mostly a rehash of parts of open water) but because of the great instructors I had and the people in the class.

Yesterday I dived Lake Crescent ... a deep lake nestled in the mountains on the Olympic Peninsula. We visited a couple of old cars that had run off the road ... the Warren car and the Steele car.

Max depth was 211 ffw. Bottom time was 25 minutes. Total run time was 78 minutes.

After completing our deco we passed around my camera (that I had left clipped to the buoy line at 20 feet) and took a few pics of each other playing on our scoots ...
I am technical diver as you. I see that the visibility in your lake is good, where? Why you use scoot?

I am technical diver as you. I see that the visibility in your lake is good, where? Why you use scoot?

The visibility in this lake is quite good ... but unfortunately it's about 225 km from my home, nestled within the Olympic National Park. The visibility in the lake I normally dive in is not like that at all.

We chose to use scooters because we had two targets, and the second target was not practical from our entry without them ... it was quite deep and we would have been limited by our available bottom time. Only with scooters were both targets doable within reasonable deco limits.

Besides, we have them and they're fun to use ... so this was a perfect opportunity ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not very romantic lake like some of the other dives. We went to a 300 acre lake in northern Wisconsin, Wheeler Lake. Temp was 73 @ 25 foot, vis was at the most 6 foot. It was still a good chance to blow bubbles and get wet.:) Not very good for pictres. We found the zoo, concrete pig, dog, and tiger someone sank many years ago. No anchors or fishing tackle, but we did get wwet!

When we came up our wifes had not been playing attention and the anchor had let loose on the pontoon boat and they had drifted away. So we are in the middle of the lake trying to get someone's attention. Attracted a pontoon load of women, :):), Then our wives show up....

Had fun anyway.

Dove the Cape Breton and Saskatchewan wrecks at Nanaimo Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Max depth was 128ft. Vis was amazing, the life on these 2 is teaming. But the best for me was that I have always wanted to see a wolf eel. On the deck of the Breton I got to see 2 huge eels. They just laid there. I was amazed at how tame they seemed. I got within 2 feet of them. I have seen pics of people touching them, I dont think any diver should touch the sealife.They just stayed there their beady black eyes just looking at us. Too cool. We dove with 32gas. Also played on the rivtow. A barge sunk at the marina. Nice little dive as the day was a little rough out in the open. Great dive with Aquatech Scuba of Edmonton.

Nightdive last night.
Dreishor gemaal,55min. 12m,18C

Did a nice 50 minute dive in the freezing low to no viz Bainbridge quarry. Hit a maximum depth of 88 ffw, and almost saw the Pennsy Truck, The bulldozer, the boat known as the "deep boat", the pump house and the new truck they just sunk (and finally have placed in it's permanent location) And we ended it with a nice wall dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom