Where did you but your housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GeronimoDF

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
How are you guys? Hope your new year is going as plannned. I looking for a housing for my D100, and I think ikelite is the way I am going to go. WOuld love a AL housing, but the extra money is just not worth it. I am also looking for a single DS-125 strobe. Should I get a manual controller or a TTL? I am surprised that no one I have found gives discounts to instructors. :-( Finally, Where did you get your housing and if I am may ask, how much?

Thanks,

Daniel

Mostly, from B & H. Some stuff from Helix. In either case you have to know what you want...don't expect much hand-holding. Like most typical internet/mail order purchasing.

As for the rest of the Aquatica film housings, from the manufacturer.

Given that you're set on the Ike, I'd get TTL for the macro stuff.

All the best, James

Thought I'd read that Ike had done it already. Hmph.

All the best, James

GeronimoDF:
Hello,
How are you guys? Hope your new year is going as plannned. I looking for a housing for my D100, and I think ikelite is the way I am going to go. WOuld love a AL housing, but the extra money is just not worth it. I am also looking for a single DS-125 strobe. Should I get a manual controller or a TTL? I am surprised that no one I have found gives discounts to instructors. :-( Finally, Where did you get your housing and if I am may ask, how much?

Thanks,

Daniel

I generally purchase gear from B&H, Adorama, and a few other vendors online.

As for TTL with UW Ikelite, they *say* they will have a TTL solution for Nikon Digital in the First Quarter 2005. I'm not sure WHAT they consider TTL in UW Strobe terms but if it's REALLY Nikon TTL based it will be DTTL, and I would hope they are trying to work on iTTL.

As for discounts for instructors, good luck with that. I think you will find that local shops charge so much more for housings that any *discount* would result in higher cost vs. just getting the thing online from B&H.

I'm newish to scuba, but NOT to photography by any streach. I discovered that a camera housing for my D1x's would run about 5k (withOUT a port). So much for that idea. I've been thinking of a D70 option, but I think I may just start cheap and get me a PnS (like the 5060). However I tried on at Wolf's the other day, and the shutter/focus lag and overall speed is dismal for one who has been shooting SLR's.

Typically housings for DSLR's are running more than the cost of the body!!! Go figure.

Ron

fdog:
Thought I'd read that Ike had done it already. Hmph.

All the best, James

Go to the ikelite site, the current cord for the DSLR's is non-TTL, and based on their site, it does not support the D70 even if I'm sure there is a way to get flash with the D70 as people are doing it....

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom