Where can I get new boots for drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The suit is a Mobby's Pro drysuit and the boots that were on it were insulated hard soled boots. I would prefer to replace them with a similar boot. Unless I missed them on the websites ScubaToys, Leisure Pro, Overton, and any of the major online Scuba stores do not carry replacement boots. The only place I have been able to find replacement boots is from England. Surely someone in the US sales replacement boots. I am not sure that I care to learn how to have something imported.

Thanks,
Eric

I bought a pair of replacement boots (similar to the Mobby's boots) from England. Nothing to learn. Place your order, make your payment, wait for the package to arrive. Remember, you will need a special cement for the Mobby's PVC material. I've heard standard cement doesn't work on it. I'll have to find my invoice, but if you want to know where to order it, let me know.

Mobbys is definitely still in business. They are located in Korea. Try this link MOBBY'S - NO.1 DRY/WETSUITS BRAND using a translation option for english.

Mobbys was in Japan back in the 1990's, they had their own distribution headquarters in Texas, USA. I bought my Mobby's Armor shell bib front entry drysuit from the west coast distributor at a dive show in Santa Clara. CA in 1999. Later Mobby's seemed to have disappeared, but then Mares started distributing the same drysuit that I bought rebranded with the name of Ice Fit or Polar Fit. Now in 2012 I did not see that drysuit in the Mares Catalog anymore but did see a neoprene drysuit that is similar to the Mobby's brand again. During the Xmas Holidays I chased some emails that led me to the link I'm passing on to you today. There 2013 catalog had a facebook.com/mobbys.net page and I checked that one and some of it is in English. I left a private message via facebook in hopes to get a technical contact for repairing my drysuit. If I get a positive response I'll post back here.

Mobby's is no longer in business. They were bought out by Mares a few years ago, and finding boots to replace them is going to be difficult. I would check with drysuit repair companies about replacing the boots with something generic. There are several places around the country that do this.

I had Steve Gamble put in neoprene socks on my drysuit and I wear OTB Boots. They have built in drains and were designed for Navy Seals as their "Over the Beach" boot. I think New Balance makes them now. Simply awesome boot.

I had Steve Gamble put in neoprene socks on my drysuit and I wear OTB Boots. They have built in drains and were designed for Navy Seals as their "Over the Beach" boot. I think New Balance makes them now. Simply awesome boot.

Pete,

What fins are you using with those OTB Boots?

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom