Where can I get a reg hose for a hookah?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Been searching all over and all I can find is:

Up to 100' hose from LP, but just raw hose, with no ends on it.

And a billion places selling Brownies hookah kit. A reg hose with quick disconnects at both ends? No thanks!

I get things direct from brownie at:

Brownie's Marine Group
940 NW 1st Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
1-800-327-0412
1-954-462-5570 (Outside USA)
Fax: 1-954-462-6115

I'm not a big fan of the Brownie's hose. Don't like the idea of the quick disconnect. Unless they make one without it, but that's all I've seen. Divers Supply actually sells 80' and 100' hoses at a really good price.

But I'm leaning away from the hose all together now, since I've decided to keep the compressor I have aboard my boat. On deeper dives I want the tanks attached to me. And for shallow stuff, an AL plate, with no wing and a slung 40 will be almost as freeing as the hookah.

I already have a Nuvair Compact gas powered. Not really a big fan of hookahs, but I was throwing around the idea, because I was having trouble fitting the compressor on my boat. Removing the cage made it much smaller and lighter, though, so I'm keeping it now.

Try a welding supply company in wour area. They have hose and will install fittings.

Any hydrolic shop can get you the hose and make the fittings. The Brownie fittings are just add ons to the female screw ends.

Airline is also good. I picked up 2 regulator sets (w/o the long hose), Gave me a discount if I used old stock. I have to return them since I ended up not needing them. But would recommend them. airlinebyjsink.com

Back
Top Bottom