Where can I get a power inflator hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

comdiver

New
Reaction score
Hello,
I am fairly new to diving and have ordered some gear over the internet. Mares dragonfly bcd, mares axis reg, suunto cobra computer. The power inflator hose that goes from the first stage of the reg to the bcd does not come with either the reg or the bcd. I do not know whether it typically does or not, but I am wondering how hard it will be to find one that will work (and how much do these things typically cost?). Diveinn says that they do not sell them, are they hard to come by? will I have compatability issues?
Thanks,
Jason

Unfortunately, this is one of the reasons why new divers shouldn't order gear from the Internet: you may not know exactly what you are buying and how it should be configured.

Typically, when purchasing the regulator package you buy a reg (1st & 2nd stage) an octo (alternate air source or alternate 2nd stage) and a console of some sort that contains an SPG, depth gauge, etc. The reg itself SHOULD have come WITH the low pressure hose that connects the 1st stage to the BC.

The octo and gauges are separate pieces of equipment, but can be purchased as part of the reg "package". Both these items would also be sold WITH the appropriate hoses.

Re-contact the people you bought your gear from. They owe you the correct lp hose for your bc.

Bon chance,
~SubMariner~

Low pressure inflators come as part of the BC inflator assembly.
Many mail order and cut rate dealers separate pieces that normally come as a package and then offer the basic unit at a cut rate - they're usually happy to sell you the rest of the package one piece at the time at a "special price."
(We see it a lot with printers and their associated toner/ribbon/print cartridge in the computer industry)
Any local dive shop will be able to sell you an inflator hose.
Rick

Thanks for the comments everbody,
In regads to the comments provided by SubMariner, I have to defend my case. Even if I ended up spending four or five hundred dollars on a lp power inflator hose, I would still be sitting better than the guy whow went down to the local shop and bought his setup retail.
Mostly what I am wondering at this point is if I will have any compatibility issues when buying the hose. And I am sure some of the divers on this board have bought spares/replacements, how much do they typically cost?
Thanks again,
Jason

Jason, I wasn't trying to be condescending, I was merely pointing out a fact about buying equipment off the Internet: caveat emptor... let the buyer beware. Especially inexperienced buyers.

"Even if I ended up spending four or five hundred dollars on a lp power inflator hose, I would still be sitting better than the guy whow went down to the local shop and bought his setup retail."

Ok... let me see... you'd RATHER pay an exhorbitant amount of money EXTRA for a hose that should have come with the equipment you already purchased? Sorry... I don't see how that is a savings.

~SubMariner~

It is quite unlikely, in my novice and possibly uninformed opinion, that an inflator hose could cost much more than one's average dinner at a pizza place. So in defense of internet commerce as it relates to diving, even if I was to spend an exorbidant amount of money on a hose, I would still be a more discerning buyer than the fella that took a stroll down to his LDS. Of course, that is not to say that I would ever pay unreasonable prices for this item, and in addition, I doubt many dealers would try to charge a completely unreasonable price. I dont know about you, but I'd much rather save the $400 and go down to the LDS and pick up my precious little hose, even if it reduced my savings somewhat.
Jason

Inflator hoses generally cost $30-$50. You should not have any compatibility issues with your setup, but bring the BC with you to the lds to make sure.

You just got took on this deal ... plain and simple. Inflator hoses are packaged with the inflator for ALL major brands of BC and not with the regulator as was previously stated. Your supplier most likely just lost it and doesn't want to order another for you.

Like was already stated, replacement hoses are cheap and pretty much standard. I use a drysuit inflator hose since it is longer than a standard BC hose, plus it costs less ($26 instead of $40). Just pick up a hose at the LDS and hook it to an LP outlet on the regulator.

Just my $.02

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom