Where are some good diving sites in GA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJW

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Anyone know some good diving sites in the area of the Golden Isles (Brunswick, Jekyll Island, and St. Simons Island) or Savannah, Georgia?

I am planning to dive somewhere there and am aware of the one of the most breeding area for sharks! :crafty:

Thanks in advance!

I've heard gray's reef outta brunswick is nice. Jacksonville is really close to those places too.

My father is a retired engineer and now a Coast Guard volunteer, he explained to me that there is a shrimp boat sunken somewhere near his station and the Sidney Lanier Bridge (In Golden Isles, Georgia)... Unfortunately, that area is kinda dangerous because it is very active with boats, jet skis, and etc... Or will I be ok if I leave the float - "Divers below" and go dive?

Not many of you been to Georgia obviously - why? :wink: Heed this, Georgia is a beautiful state with almost everything including mountain, Great Plains, Beaches, amusement parks, Little Grand Canyon, and more! Ok, back to the point, if one of you been to Gray's Reef in Georgia, please send some pictures. I will be very interested to check it out.

Never dived the GA coast, but also interested in info about it. I have dived in Lake Allatoona, aka The Dead Sea, and it was an ok dive... 5 foot vis 73* at 40+ feet... found 3 anchors and a fishing pole :D

rblackburn:
Never dived the GA coast, but also interested in info about it. I have dived in Lake Allatoona, aka The Dead Sea, and it was an ok dive... 5 foot vis 73* at 40+ feet... found 3 anchors and a fishing pole :D

Cool, is the fishing pole still good to use? :eyebrow:

yukoneer:
Cool, is the fishing pole still good to use? :eyebrow:

Did not retrieve any of the junk... I was playing with a dry suit for the first time, and did not want to do anything "special" on the dive. We are talking about going back tomorrow and maybe retrieving the anchors and the pole if we can find them again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom