where and what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel inclined to ask whether Wazza is a genuine participant on this board. From someone who by implication has been certified to dive a CCR, and whose profile states that he is a TDI instructor, these questions are absurd. If Wazza is genuine and these are serious questions, then something was very wrong with his instruction.

I know, Peter, we all wondered about the training/c-card issue. :11:
I'm trying not to contemplate it. :bluthinki

Wazza, the answers to your questions should have been covered in your courses,
both SCR and CCR. :1poke: They are also covered in the APD manuals, which you
can download for free. You should have one of those, too. :bluthinki

wazza:
I open the main box of the 18 kilos of sofno and I put some in the canister until its full,
Question 1:
now if there is any way to close it back to keep the sofno safe for the next week or next year to dive it?
Don't fill the cannister until the day before diving. Then you cann install it in the rebreather and leave it there till the next day.

Question 2:
I make a 40 minute dive and I keep the sofno in the canister and after 4 hours I want to do an other dive, in between the dive I take out the canister keep it close and close the 2 tiny opening until the next dive ?
Depends. On the Inspiration most divers I know check and usually dry the head inside.
Open cannister, do that, put it back together, make sure loop is closed.
On the Dräger there is no reason to open the cannister between dives. Just keep the loop closed.
I asume it's nice and toasty in Lebanon. Keep the RB in the shade.
Make sure you pre-breathe the unit, so the scrubber is active when you enter the water.

Question 3:
If I still have time for one more dive the next day, can I use the same canister even if I did not open it.

How long would the sofno last in the canister to be used again for an other dive?
Yes, if there is sufficinent time left on the absorbant you can use it next day.
Keep it in the RB with the loop closed.

I don't keep the absorbant in cannister in rebreather more than a night.
I keep the cannister double bagged with usage time and date noted up to about 3 weeks.
Then again, I don't use an axial cannister with Sofnolime or Divesorb. :wink:

Wazza, read the damn manuals, or better yet, find a decent instructor. :bluthinki

caveseeker7:
I know, Peter, we all wondered about the training/c-card issue. :11: I'm trying not to contemplate it. :bluthinki

Wazza, the answers to your questions should have been covered in your courses, read the damn manuals, or better yet, find a decent instructor. :bluthinki

Amen to that, sir, amen to that! :soapbox:

Given Wazza's stated dive credentials and evident dangerous ignorance of important issues, perhaps TDI would care to identify and investigate him? Either he is what he says he is, in which case TDI might be advised to consider ordering some retraining, or he isn't, in which case TDI should be concerned at someone fraudulently representing himself as one of their ITs. Either way, I'd like to know TDI's view on this thread.

Might it also be an idea to check on divers' credentials before they are registered and allowed to post? Admittedly difficult at diver level, but managable at instructor level and easy at IT level. This could be confidential, without unwanted information being made public. Standard practice for people emailing letters for publication by reputable newspapers.

I have no idea about his credentials but some of his questions are not that far out of line. I am a dolphin instructor and an YBOD diver. Years ago it was common (even for TDI) instructors to remove sorb and store it then re-use it. Today we know that is not a good practice but it was common in the past. I would keep it in plastic fuel tanks, shake it well then repack the scrubber the next day. Rule of thumb back then was that every 24 hours would drop 1hr. from the life of the sorb. I would not do that today for any reason but it was common in the past.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom