where 2 dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

As you can see from my countdown timer, my wife and I are moving back to Washington State in a few days.

We are from Washington originally, but have been living in Phoenix, AZ for the past 2 1/2 years or so.

We got certified here in Phoenix and haven't been diving in Washington, that's where I need help.

Where do I dive? We will be living in Yakima and if anyone knows of anything locally, great.

What about on the west side? I've heard of dive parks but know nothing about them.

Great dive sites? Charters? How about BC? What's up there? Anyone interested in diving when I get up there?

Let me know.

Cheers!

Darin

Come on over!!!
Vis is just getting good...
Post when you want to dive...and I am sure there are many of us who would dive with you...
K

I second that. scubak and I were out Sunday. Water was great vis was great. Heck the whole day was great. Move back quick. Let us show you and your wife all our favorite sites.

Thanks for the invite, we'll have to take you up on it when we get settled.

I know initially I will be working quite long hours at my new job, so I might not be able to dive right away. But we'll try and get something planned.

I got a feeling I'll be using my drysuit a LOT more back home....

Darin

Yep.. get out the drysuit.. winter is coming.. Water is getting colder..

gis_gal:
Yep.. get out the drysuit.. winter is coming.. Water is getting colder..

So......is there any other time of year where you can dive in anything other than a Drysuit?

I don't do 7mm's anymore. Period....I hate them.

A 3mm going to help me at all?

Darin

Click here for my "Dive Washington" site; select one of the the Dive Locations links.

I sometimes dive in a wet suit, especially in the summer; and there are some that dive wet suits year-round, especially if they can't afford a dry suit. It has to be a thicker wetsuit, nonetheless.

Rossiapacifica

There is not much diving in the immediate Yakima area, but I would check out One World Watersports. They offer classes and regular dive trips in the Puget Sound as well as many wonderful tropical locations. Also, many of the store's patrons are also members of the Yakima Dive Club and go diving regularly as well. I live and go to school in Ellensburg so I don't make it to the sound as often as I would like, but I would always be willing to meet for a dive if I ever have a free weekend. Happy Diving!

www.oneworldwatersports.com

-Keith

Darin:
So......is there any other time of year where you can dive in anything other than a Drysuit?
Not for me there isn't. I don't think you will find water temps much above 58f even in the summer.

Darin:
I don't think it will be enough. Anyone who I have seen diving wet here is in a 7mm.

Darin:

I don't do 7mm's anymore. Period....I hate them.

Darin

A 3mm shorty works great for me in the Northwest. I wear one under my 7mm when I'm doing work dives at the Edmonds Underwater Park.......otherwise it only gets use in the pool or in tropical waters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom