When you find an item while diving, do you try and locate the owner?

When you find an item while diving, do you try and locate the owner?

• Yes: If it's more than $1000 value.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: If it's more than a $500 value.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Yes: If it's more than a $100 value.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yes: Anything I feel might be valuable regardless of monetary value.

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • No way.. Finders keepers, losers weepers!

Votes: 18 31.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last week I jumped out of my bosses van, My wallett fell out of my pocket. This was an extremely busy lot. Walmart, stop and shop and about 12 other shops are in it. Some one brought it to the police with everything in it. I was very surprised.
Steve

I would do my best to return anything I found... except boat anchors,, I have a nice collection started, and would hate to break up the set.
Dave

In my opinion, it's a karma thing...

Just last week, I was diving at a popular beach and I found a dive knife in great condition in the sand in about 15 feet of water. I picked up and carefully stowed it in my sleeve for the rest of the dive.

When I got out, I asked around and was told that So and so from dive shop X had been asking about her knife... she knew that she had lost it.

Later that afternoon, I stopped by Dive Shop X and left it for her. Four days later, when I checked in at the airport, the ticket agent returned my passport to me which I had left on the plane a week earlier.

If I can, I try to return things, partly because the benefit I get from returning them is always greater than the value of the item itself... So, I am still trying to decide what kind of dive knife I should buy.... any suggestions?

Liz

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom