when to 100'?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone can say whatever they want about me or my diving, but in the end, the ONLY ONE who can decide for me wether or not I should go down or not and with whom is ME.

If I dont feel comfortable with a dive to 100 feet either because I dont feel I should go there or I dont feel the buddy at hand should, I wont go and thats it.
If I feel I am prepared to go there and Im confident that the buddy Im with is ready to go there I go down, provided I have a reason for it.
Yes, you should have the training to go there first, because there are extra precautions you need to take and bigger dangers to consider, but the final decision will ALWAYS be on the specific diver.
That I have the c-card saying I can go there doesnt mean I will, nor should by itself.
That someone DONT have the c-card saying they can go there doesnt automatically mean they shouldnt either.
How did we get the training to go there in the first place? Maybe a part of that very training was going to a place we had never been and thus where beyond our current training and experience?

Back
Top Bottom