When should a shop request your C-Card?

What type of purchase should a Diver be Carded for?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Give me the "good old days" when a 16 year old kid can fill a tank at the local compressed gas outfit. Didn't have a card 'cause the book I learned SCUBA from didn't have a card in it. Come to think of it, I could have bought Oxygen and Helium and mixed my own gas if anyone had figured how mix it back then, probably can now but since I'm not a fan I haven't tried.

The personal responsibility bus has left, and this system we have is the result.

Bob
--------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

... the "good old days" were never as good as we remember them to be ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Unless you happen to find yourself with
a shed full of clunkers, from the period

I think they should require them any time it could help with liability. Seriously, would you want your favorite LDS to risk a lawsuit so you don't have to show a piece of plastic?

I think they should require them any time it could help with liability. Seriously, would you want your favorite LDS to risk a lawsuit so you don't have to show a piece of plastic?

I'm just saying that it has come to a fine state of affairs when a third party becomes financially responsible for stupid and irresponsible acts of an individual.

Bob
--------------------------
Just looking for some sanity in the world.

... the "good old days" were never as good as we remember them to be ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The older we get, the more we seem to forget how hard we thought we had it at the time, and we mostly remember only the better parts years later?

My saying is, "Those were the good old days, thank god they are over".

Niether really indicate experience but the ones I've been on Maui typically ask when your last dive was and how many life time dives you have and level of cert. It's a start to try and at least separate the once a year vacation divers from people who dive year round. Again it doesn't indicate dive ability but is somewhat helpful to the DM's.
But surely a card doesn't indicate experience? A log book maybe, but not a card?

Regards
Bill

No one cards me to buy or fill a propane tank acetylene tank or oxygen tank. I would think they assume I am using those devices lawfully and carefully. I think there are far more dangerous items that could be purchased with out a licence or certification. Plus if my wife should feel compelled to buy me some new gear I wouldn't want anything to prevent that.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom