When I grow up I'm gonna be...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Time to stop lurking!

I don't own the smaller dome port - the buddy that owns this lens uses the smaller one with a +4 dioptre.
I use a 40mm extension with the Subal SWC dome port and a +4 dioptre (though I think I probably don't need it, I'll have to try it without when I get my lens back from Alcina). Alcina is using a 40mm extension with the Subal DP-FE dome port and no dioptre.

Yes my question was more on how physically close the lens gets to the inside of the dome when zoomed out to 70mm... just ball park numbers... no need to get the tape measure out...
About this close on my rig with a 72/77 step up ring between the lens and the dioptre:

70mm.jpg

hey thanks gudge! think I might swing by the camera shops to do some lens shopping this weekend... :)

Wolverine:
Pak, what about your shopping list for the month??

:)

first on the list, food for my fridge as now I can stop starving myself after buying all that initial DSLR gear...:eyebrow:

Alcina, I think you had asked for samples of my Sigma 18-50mm EX DG lens @50mm in another thread...

didn't take that many pics at that focal length other than the threshers. But here are a couple. Shot in raw, only wb adjusted, uncropped, no sharpening (but I did zapp a lot of the backscatter on the turtle shot...) 350D in a S&S housing and Athena glass dome + 40mm extension, 2x inon Z-240's.

Sigma18-5050mmtest2.jpg

Sigma18-5050mmtest.jpg

Nice shot!

I tried posting a some shots from photobucket bat all I got was errors. the images were less than 200k, what am I doing wrong

pakman:
first on the list, food for my fridge as now I can stop starving myself after buying all that initial DSLR gear...:eyebrow:

Now that the D80 is available, I am back to cutting out Taco Bell coupons from the paper!

wow, that turtle is super clean!

Lead me to you pictures Chris, I'll see what I can do

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom