When do friends and families need to have an intervention??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am taking the next step!!! I am getting my BP/W!! HURRAY!!!!!! Anyone want to come try it out with me?

Kwbyron:
I am taking the next step!!! I am getting my BP/W!! HURRAY!!!!!! Anyone want to come try it out with me?
When??

What kind are you getting?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The harness is a Dive-rite, with a quickrelease on one arm. I forgot the brands of the plate(SS) and wing, getting a single tank adapter too. I thought about going for a 12lb plate instead of 6, but I don't want to risk being overweighted when I dive in warm water with my 3mm wet suit.

Good idea -- if you need to move more weight up onto your back for the cold water, the Trident weight pouches are about $10 each and hold up to five pounds. That's what I use.

Congratulations on your new purchase!

hmmm...*scratches chin in deepth thought.... right now, I have 30 on a belt and 6 stuffed into BC pockets(2 fell out the other night when I turned upside down to look under a log, but I recovered it) I'm thinking that it should take my total weight should drop to 30...

Well, you have to play with it, because your BC may have had some intrinsic buoyancy (due to padding). And you have to get the distribution right so that you can stay horizontal without effort. There are lots of ways to move things around until it's just right. And then, every time you change tanks/undergarments/exposure suits etc., you have to do it all over again!

.... so sad.... well, I might just have to postpone my new toy... I got my acceptance package from Western, and I really should do the reponsible thing with my finances... maybe...

HA! I have that same issue. I want to dump money on gear but I got tuition to think about. Congrats on western.

lol, thanks... I was sooo close!
...maybe I should buy it in pieces....harness this month....back plate next....then wing....

I just graduated from WSU and got a lot of graduation money and believe it me it is really really hard to not go down to the diveshop and get everything I need. I keep telling myself to save for a new apartment but man it is hard.

Back
Top Bottom