When diving, where are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the bottom of the Mariana Trench, hanging with giant squid and strange looking fish. Ever since I was a little kid :) Was very disappointed to learn I couldn't dive there on scuba when I grew up a bit.

When diving I'm too in the moment to be anywhere else.

I would like to see a kelp forest though. And giant octopuses.

And every wreck on the plant. And all the caves. Even the Mariana Trench. More reefs.

Maybe get a time machine & go back to the Jurassic & see the sponge reefs. (I suppose I could just go to Queen Charlotte Basin instead).Get a space ship & dive Europa. And .........

Being a relatively new diver I am just thinking about the current situation. And I am happy with that. I am curious to see where I get transported when I close my eyes after several hundred dives. Probably a cave :D

I wouldn't close my eyes and imagine myself elsewhere while diving because I live for that moment. But, if I close my eyes and think of iamges of diving I flip through a mental album of my favourite dives: reefs in the Red Sea, the Zenobia in Cyprus, the Mohegan in Cornway, and the surreal experience of hanging on a deco bar with nothing but azure blue in all directions (Cyprus).

Greetings all and thank you for your reply what prompted this thread was pool diving.
I use the closing my eyes to transport me to the environment that I wish I was in.
I then practice the skills associated with that environment.
II HAS BEEN A REALLY LONG WINTER! CAN YOU TELL?

I have been experimenting with new gear and anything else to stay in the water over the hard water months.
Guess next year I will have to break down and go ice diving though I really would rather be in north Florida caving.
JUST SO NOT THE SAME!

CamG Keep....Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Cenote Taj Mahal, en route to the Chinese Garden. Or re-living the dive I made last week at Airplane Canyon off Oahu's leeward coast. I visited Beech airplane wreckage at 95-feet in 100-foot viz, before moseying to an amazing promontory covered in lobe/antler/cauliflower corals and a 'nursery' of juvenile reef fish, while being serenaded by humpback whale song. Sublime.

Greetings,
Wow vinegarbiscuit you just transported me to Oahu that dive sounds like it was magic!
I think it would be rerunning in my mind for months.
Man I love this stuff, why do we have to do anything else but dive?
Oops, forgot we have to pay for it!
Great dive I am sure you will not soon forget it either!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

Envisioning diving right now (while not diving), puts me in the Bahamas, since my limited experience leaves me with memories of only a quarry, a training site in the St. Lawrence with relatively low viz and the Bahamas. Specifically, I'm probably drifting through the Washing Machine (my first drift dive and tons of fun), or checking out the Austin Smith wreck (first "real" wreck dive where I had a chance to really take it in; the first was a small barge at the OW training site used as a training platform)

I hear Cat. Kirk say.."Space the..final..Frontier.."

Back
Top Bottom