When diving, where are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't close my eyes while diving, but I often dream of the cenotes in Mexico, diving the historical wrecks of NC, or my favorite VI dive site, Arches & Tunnels.

Even though its been 20+ years, and many dives ago, the image clearly burned in my brain is "The Cut". It was the first wall I ever dove, and one of my first ocean dives (San Salvador a.k.a. Watling Island). There are others that take a little more effort to remember, but fore some reason, that one really comes back easily.

Last edited:
Greetings,
Wow vinegarbiscuit you just transported me to Oahu that dive sounds like it was magic!
I think it would be rerunning in my mind for months.
Man I love this stuff, why do we have to do anything else but dive?
Oops, forgot we have to pay for it!
Great dive I am sure you will not soon forget it either!

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

It was indeed a magical dive. I had to drag myself up the anchor line, believe me.

It's better not to add up what we spend on diving, isn't it?! But it's beyond worth it.

Glenda is not my dive buddy, she doesn't circle my head with her magic wand when I close my eyes, and I don't wear ruby (silver if you've read the book) fins. When I close my eyes, I'm the same place I was when they were open.

Kelp forest in 84 degree water; (hey, this is MY fantasy).

I keep my eyes open when I dive. Perhaps it is because I am still relatively new (~120 dives). I like to soak everything up and revile in it later. If I close my eyes and imagine my self diving...floating along on an endless tank anywhere I so choose at the moment.

the only experience i have is in a query so thats all i see...

i need to find something more picturesque than 5ft of viz...

though i wait till i'm not diving to close my eyes or it defeats the purpose of diving

On a WWII wreck in the Pacific. I've never been on a WWII wreck or even in the Pacific for that matter, but I will some day.

Diving World War 2 shipwrecks off of Cape Hatteras.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom