When diving, where are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greeting fellow divers a thought came to me in the pool yesterday,
WHEN YOU ARE DIVING AND YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES, "WHERE ARE YOU?".

For the last 1.2 years whenever I close my eyes diving I see north Florida caves in my mind!
It has become a constant and it is not a forced mental image but something I can not get out of my head.
Sort of like when a large lady forgot to lock the restroom at the gas station I frequent.
I would rather see cave than that! He! He!

But seriously on this Feb morning, when you close your eyes diving where are you transported to?
It used to be the quarry where I first dove OW now it is cave.
Just thought it might be interesting to hear what others have to say.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I don't close my eyes when diving because HAY i'm diving. But now when I am not diving and I close my eyes I think about P:D or diving in the springs here.

EDIT: I dont even have to close my eyes for the first one.

Headbutting an object or knocking on a restroom door.

Truk Lagoon.

As much as I would love to say Truk Lagoon, more often that not, is would rather pretend I was searching for some forgotten treasure on an old pirate ship....yea, I bit movie-esque but ya know....

If I close my eyes when I'm diving, I don't know WHERE I am . . . that's part of my problem!

But if I close my eyes and envision diving, it's in the Diaz line of the Pet Cemetery cenote in Mexico.

A kelp forest.

Drifting along, slow and easy on Columbia Shallow (Cozumel) or Half Moon Bay Wall (Roatan).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom