When DIR goes bad...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Beyond that and more to the point in this thread, what I see people doing who believe in the DIR philosophy and system of diving by coopting the reference to Kool-Aid is that they are making light of the fact that some people have made serious references in this respect about learning this sytem of diving. Some people seriously think that for one to say that they are taking a class from GUE is synonymous to saying that one is joining a cult. Those of us that have taken GUE classes know how silly this is and therefore many choose to make light of this belief with a dark reference. There is nothing to read into it beyond that, in my opinion.

Christian

Blazing Saddles is the best movie in the world! :)

Only the people who have been brain-washed by the DIR cult would say such things! You're in denial I tell you!! :eyebrow:

My response was a little hasty. I really hate jonestown references. My intent is not to spoil your fun. It is a pretty silly thing anyway.

BTW, I have taken the class and the koolaid drinking was optional.

NWGratefulDiver:
Personally I never could see the connection ... they don't make black Kool-Aid, after all ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yes, they do. :D It's grape-like flavored! My 11 year old LOVES it! :10:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: I LOVE this thread...I want the kool-aid! There, I have completed the first step and admitted my powerlessness over the need to refine my skills and upgrade my gear...:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I'm writing this post, and I have to admit, I have been drinking.

Koolaid. Straight. For two days.

I have fallen into bad company, and they have encouraged my bibulousness. At least I'm a happy drunk . . . :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom