When DIR goes bad...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck:
oh my god! an ooka (out-of-kool-aid) situation!

why, oh why, wasn't his buddy at the ready with the long straw??

LOL You're good :)

If I may. I don't care for "Karst". It reminds me too much of WKPP, which for me still has a slight emotional connotation of conflict, disrespect and arrogance. Also in Dutch there are two words, Kerst and Kaars, which mean "Christmas" and "Candle" respectively and neither of these words seem masculine to me. That's just me and I hope you don't let yourself be swayed by that.

Congratulations, btw. When are you due?

R..

SparticleBrane:
Jameson Karst sounds good, I suppose. :wink:
How about "Cody Scarp"? :wink:

Lets clear some stuff up:

Dude wasn't a true DIR - He's a friggen Dink. He was an internet DIR stroketastic fakearoo. You know the type - they have a BackPlate and wing. They have a long hose. They may even have a bungee back up and wrist mounted gauges. All of the right gear in most of the right places.

Until you get them next to someone who has actually taken Fundies, and actually practices and works on precision team diving... you know, actually dives DIR (and doesn't just have the gear and try to look the part... we call them DINQs (pronounced dinks: Doing It Not Quite)

Besides, everyone knows true DIR types have the handle on the right.

Nice fitness, you tub o' goo. Mix in a salad and a stairmaster, bubba. No way dude is DIR with a BMI of 50. Just look at him. I don't want jabba-the-dink on my team. Dude gets winded taking is gear from the parking lot to the site. No way he's getting me out of a jam. What a hoover.

However - in his defense, he is wearing turbo soles and not Rock Boots. I dive rock boots, as in SoCal we do a bit of rock hopping, although they are not the preference.

If you look closely, you can figger out this guy's story...

The red suit gives it away.

Red suit. Turbo Soles. Cubes not clipped off. Obviously Turtle-ing. Hasn't seen his feet in years.

He's a Florida JJ-wannabe, doubles newbie, lost-his-mask carnivore Dink. A Loser.

What a clown.

---
Ken

KoolAidMan_Fullpic_2.gif

"Dink"...I like that. can I be one?

(hey...I thought you couldn't joke around in here)

Mo2vation:
Besides, everyone knows true DIR types have the handle on the right.
:rofl3: :rofl3:
"I'm a little DINQ pot, short and stout...."

Oh, man, I Needed a laugh like this!!!!!!!!
Pitchers full of thanks to ya :)

'Dette

catherine96821:
(hey...I thought you couldn't joke around in here)
Humor is definitely not DIR ... :no :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Especially tasteless humor like the kind in this thread.

Tasteless? They spend MILLIONS researching those flavors . . .

Having spent the evening with HBDiveGirl, and punctuated it with both excellent red wine (no cubes) and talking to Mo2vation on the phone, I am so totally howling over this thread (hear the Valley Girl coming out? I'm being corrupted all over again . . . )

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom