When are the diving conditions the best in the Caribbean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PermanentlyNarced

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am pretty flexible in my vacation schedule and would like to know when is the best time to travel to the Caribbean for diving? What I mean about "best time" is when the diving conditions are typically the best. Little current, calm waters, and abundant marine life.

I know this will vary a little based on location since the Caribbean is a big place. The places I am most interested in are Cayman, Turks and Caicos, and Bonaire.

Thanks in advance.

well, the temperatures are more comfortable in the winter, spring, and fall, and get real hot in the summer (as you may guess)

rainy season is May to October in the Caymans, and September to December in the Turks and Caicos and Bonaire

i personally like the Caribbean in the March through May timeframe ...

but it's really good year-round

PermanentlyNarced:
I am pretty flexible in my vacation schedule and would like to know when is the best time to travel to the Caribbean for diving? What I mean about "best time" is when the diving conditions are typically the best. Little current, calm waters, and abundant marine life.

I know this will vary a little based on location since the Caribbean is a big place. The places I am most interested in are Cayman, Turks and Caicos, and Bonaire.

Thanks in advance.

You need to be aware of hurricane season in the northern Caribbean. On average (at any given time) they are very unlikely to affect you, but they are possible in Cayman and Turks and Caicos. June through November are the traditional months, but August & September are usually the most active.

Bonaire lies too far south to have any real likelihood of any hurricane.

Beyond that, the best time is probably any day that ends in a "y".

duh... forgot about hurricane season

yeah ... it's a bit of a gamble in August and September in the hurricane belt, but Bonaire is south of that, as OGD points out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom