When are deep stops effective??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sure would be nice if dive computers gave an indication of when the controlling compartment starts off-gassing. The information is there and just a matter of providing a simple display (Icon or flashing indicator). Other than intertrupting an ascent that could be too fast, deep stops seem to be counter-productive if the controlling compartment is still loading. I would not mind seeing what compartment is the controlling compartment as it would provide a basis for planning the duration of a rest stop but that may get a bit complex both from a display and a user response aspect. Probably more than most divers would want to know or have any idea what to do with it.

I'll make a WAG and say a deep stop won't do much for you if your max depth is 16 feet or less.

When I used to do work at the Flower Gardens with many ~80' dives per day - I would do a 3-5 min stop at 50 feet as well as normal SS. Sometimes on rigs and platforms we would also breathe O2 at 12'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom