Whats your WORST dive ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful lake Paris in So. Cal. had the worst viz I had seen in a long time. If I wasn't doing the open water dive for my IE I would have thumbed it.

I have not had a real bad dive as of yet. I'd say as my worst experience qualifies a very early dive when I did not know how to make someone understand that "no means no", and an outsider tagged along with buddy and I, then proceeded to vanish on us. There were some moments of confusion/fear that something bad happened to him, and a longer lasting feeling of anger and disappointment at myself for not having been smarter about the situation.

Here’s a longer description of the dive for anyone interested

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=111182

I lost a buddy in the Gulf of Mexico. That says it all.

My worst dive was in the hyperbaric chamber at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle ... 5-1/2 hours to a max depth of 60 feet, and nary a bubble ...:shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Probably not too much in the way of scenery in there either...

Blitz:
My worst dive ever involved a Blackhawk helicopter and a low level, very fast flight to a hyperbaric chamber. :) And strangley I look back with nostalgia.......

care to expand? im interested in exactly what happened

The time I hooked up my welding argon tank to my reg by mistake....:wink:

NWGratefulDiver:
My worst dive was in the hyperbaric chamber at Virginia Mason Hospital in Seattle ... 5-1/2 hours to a max depth of 60 feet, and nary a bubble ...:shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bump! Did that one too. No bubbles or the weightless feeling. Though the movies and lunch were good :D .

Mine was in Coz though not Seattle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom