Whats your wish list?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funely enough, I'm coming to Hawaii in October.

Turtleguy has the easiest breathing double hoses in Hawaii. Of course I could be a little biased!
I can't wait for the opportunity to go over and dive with him.

junior diver:
Funely enough, I'm coming to Hawaii in October.
Aloha Junior diver. Perhaps we could work somthing out. What Island are you going to visit? I live on Oahu, where Honolulu is.
Turtleguy

Turtleguy:
Currently US Divers manufactures a double hose reg for the military, the Mentor. The regulator is also supposedly available in Canada, but at over $750 or more.
Perhaps you can find someone in your area, to let you try one.
Turtleguy

Better late than never: US Divers sold 200 Mentor regulators in 2001 for $995 each, For that sort of money no wonder they are interested in bringing them back! At least you would think this time they dont have to go to Japan for manufacturing!

Anyone seeking a pair of NEW unused old-stock I have a pair of Fallon Jet Fins on auction on eBay now. The look just like the Scubapro Jet fins. Size: Medium. No cuts, tears, holes, rips, dry rot, etc. Straps are good too.

Do a SEARCH for Fallin Vintage Fins on eBay!

Good luck!

blacklatexozdiver:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7116929858&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Any ideas on this? Anyone know what it is? Is it at a good value price?

I should be able to help you on this. Can't advise on the price now but it looks like a genuine model manufacturerd by Submarine Products in Hexham Northumberland. England. The model was known as the "Black Prince" made out of Delrin. Built late sixties retail price was then £16-00 sterling. The twin set that went with it was a twin 39 cuft (1100 ltr) 5.5 inch diameter cylinders at 2000 psi. cost was 14 pounds 15 shillings each cylinder!! and the back pack was 7 pounds sterling!!

Submarine Products have long gone in to liquidation, But in there day were a pretty big player in diving. The CEO was an ex Royal Navy Lt Commander Hugh Oswall and a great equipment designer Ian Mayo. Hugh has since died, Ian I havent heard from in the last 20 years. Submarine Product supplied the Royal Navy with the basic air divers twin sets in the sixties. During a keel search 1980 on the Queens Royal Yacht Brittainia An interesting "failure" of a twin manifold on the yacht caused the recall of 2000 of the damm things. Not the best of places to have an explosion!!!

Also of interest Ian Mayo designed for Submarine Products a number of closed and semi closed circuit oxygen and mixed gas rebreather 1971-3 one called the Oxymix, not use by R Navy or USN but I did get out with Ian to train the Royal Malaysian Navy in mine counter measure with this and other MCM kit. When Submarine Products went bust the tools, moulds and products were all bought out by a company called DIVEX in Aberdeen who still offer the Oxymix rebreather even today!.
Hope it helps enjoy the diving. iain middlebrook

Enough cash to do and buy what I want when I want. Baring that a long and healthy life that will keep me in the briney blue/brown.

"I can see owning this nestalgic gear for collection purposes, but why would you want to dive with it?"

Why get involved on a Vintage board if you don't like or trust the gear. There is no answer for your statement except I don't believe your modern gear is actually any safer.

My wish list in addition to a Voit or a brand new Aqualung (if they bring them back) would also include a Bangstick or one of those Sharkdarts. I also want a smoothskin .5 or 1.0 vintage appearing wet suit with no huge neon logos on it. N

>Submarine Products have long gone in to liquidation, But in there day were a pretty big player in diving.<

Fascinating period information. I have one of their catalogues from the mid 1960s where they offer an Atlantic regulator for £17 6s 6d and a Super Sealion regulator for £13 12s 3d, both twin hose. The company had imported gear in their catalogue too. Beuchat of Marseilles, France, supplied their Tarzan wetsuits and masks, Jet fins, Record fins and fin grips, while So Lo Marx of Ohio, USA, was the source of their Skooba Totes sheet-rubber dry suits.

David

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom