What's your personal scuba-related curse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an anti-curse.

Fall of 2015 I was at Club Med Turcs & Caicos and decided after a 35 year surface interval to get back into diving and signed up for a discover scuba course with 2 dives. Along came hurricane Joaquin and I couldn't do much except Zumba and sit at the bar the rest of the trip.

But - I was now determined to get back into diving and signed up for OW at my LDS as soon as I got home. It's now 50+ dives later and I'm hooked. Without Joaquin who knows?

And my personal curse is weight belts - they insist on slipping down no matter how tight I set them. When I got my weighting down so it all fit on the BCD I loved it!

Being old enough to be forgetful. Actually told my wife yesterday that I need to make a waterproof checklist.

1) Weight belt on? (Yes, I have jumped into the water twice without weights)
2) Pony bottle hose charged?
3) Drysuit zipped?
4) Air turned on?
5) Defog in mask?
6) Computer and compass?
7) What did I forget?
8) Etc.

Blowing past my exit point when there is no differentiation in structure. I really hate to surface and find myself a distance from where I need to exit.

I hope it doesn't continue. Seeing Mola Mola(oceanic sun fish) while it wasn't in season I went on a trip start of may to do my AOW and get some more dive experience. I decided to give Nusa Penida a miss as I didn't have an experience with diving in current or surge yet. Spent the week hearing about off season mola mola. I traveled to Gili T after and spent a few days drift diving and decided I'm ready for Nusa Penida. Got home checked flight found some cheap ones and visited Bali for the weekend. Got there to find the mola mola hadnt been seen for 4 days. Oh well Bali is close sure I will get a chance to see them.

@sphyon is my curse. If the man even thinks about coming to Key Largo the wind starts blowing and the waves start waving. It never fails! :D :D :D

@sphyon is my curse. If the man even thinks about coming to Key Largo the wind starts blowing and the waves start waving. It never fails! :D :D :D

Ugh don't talk about it. The second I hit overseas highway to largo the sky's open up and pour their hate down upon me. I haven't been able to catch a boat down there in a year and It's only a 5 hour drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom