What's your favorite combo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm another who thinks Palancar Bricks is a great dive - lots of awe-inspiring coral structure, swim throughs, a wall, and usually plenty of sea life. In December, there were several juvenile black tip reef sharks hanging out there, which made it even more special. Columbia shallows is another really good second dive, but I also really like Tormentos and El Cedral. There used to be a lot of big morays to see at Cedral, but I missed them my last couple of times there - but I'll keep trying.

Maracaibo and Tunich. Dove Columbia Shallows in Dec. BT 1hr and 39 min. I was diving with Sallye and when the divemaster signalled to end the dive I had about 800 PSI left. Sallye would have had more and I remember the look on her face when the signal came to surface. I can only guess what her BT would have been if she dove her profile. She is a fish!

Maracaibo and Tunich. Dove Columbia Shallows in Dec. BT 1hr and 39 min. I was diving with Sallye and when the divemaster signalled to end the dive I had about 800 PSI left. Sallye would have had more and I remember the look on her face when the signal came to surface. I can only guess what her BT would have been if she dove her profile. She is a fish!
I'd like to do CS with a HP80. It's the most comfortable tank known to man.

Another vote for Deep/Shallows - my daughter and I hit 85 mins and had lots of air left, but looked at the surface and saw it was POURING and we felt bad for the folks who had gone up at the 60 minute mark.....

I hope we can get to Maraciabo this trip and behold the wonder.

However, I agree -the only two dives better than the ones you just did, are the ones you'll get to do the next day in COZ!

Last day of my most recent trip I got to call the dive sites... Columbia Deep/Columbia Shallow :) Eagle Ray near the end of the Shallow dive in the clear sunlit water was too cool :) Love that dive...

Barracuda and San Juan do it for me everytime :D I love any dive in Cozumel EXCEPT the sunken ship .We have dove a lot of the wrecks and ships in the Key's and they were interesting and sometimes challenging ,but for pure beauty you just can't beat the reefs of Cozumel.Next to our home Cozumel is our most favorite place in the world.

Palancar Bricks or Deep for amazing coral formations
Punta Tunich for amazing fast current and fishlife
Chankanaab for shallow, or the SCC front yard
and Paradise for night dives!

Followed Palancar Gardens with Tunich this week. I'd have to call that my favorite so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom