What's your backup mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCrecdiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

Looking into purchasing a backup mask. Something compact so it won't take up much space in my suit pocket.
Any recommendations?

When I found a mask that finally fit my face well about 15 years ago, I bought 3 of them. I still dive these masks. On every dive, one is my primary, one is my backup and one is in my bag on the boat.

When I found a mask that finally fit my face well about 15 years ago, I bought 3 of them. I still dive these masks. On every dive, one is my primary, one is my backup and one is in my bag on the boat.
Yeah. I found the Cressi F1 and bought 4 of em.
They fold up well too but I don’t bring áspate w me.

My backup is a Hollis M1 which used to be my primary. Got the DGX Ultra View as my primary. If either mask needs to be replaced, I’ll get another Ultra View.

I keep a spare “back up” in the car, not doing anything critical enough to bother carrying it on a dive.
I cannot read my computer w/o a mask. Not sure if anyone can since human eyes need air in front to focus. I would like to carry a spare mask so to continue or finish my dive safely.

I cannot read my computer w/o a mask. Not sure if anyone can since human eyes need air in front to focus. I would like to carry a spare mask so to continue or finish my dive safely.
If I lose my mask my dive is ended, I’m not doing deco dives much anymore so it head for the surface, maybe a long surface swim in store but not really an issue.

I frequently use a full face mask and it is customary to carry a conventional one as a backup, should there be any issue with the FFM -- and, for that purpose, I usually carry a Cressi-Sub "Super Occhio" as well as one of the late, great Cressi-Sub "Minima" (a discontinued free-diving model) as a backup for that second one, when I dive with regular masks . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom