What's up with my wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a 4 year old Henderson Farmer John 7MM w/ step-in zippered front 7mm jacket. This year New Years Day the zipper broke trying to zip it up. I had used it 1-2 months before no problem and I had lost a few pounds since then and since I bought it. I theorized that maybe the cold air didn't allow it to stretch like as usual and wrote it off. I repaired the zipper but never tried it on. I have lost a few more pounds since Jan also. My pants fit loose on me so I know I've actually lost size.

So last week went diving and had a heck of a time zipping it closed. The new slider is metal so it didn't break but why is it so hard to close? The zipper works fine without me in the suit.

Do these suits loss their stretching properties over time? I'm pretty sure they don't shrink!

Last edited:
yes they do not stretch as well as they age..some of our rentals are like that..what is marked as a large now is rented out as a medium.

yes they do not stretch as well as they age..some of our rentals are like that..what is marked as a large now is rented out as a medium.

Ok thanks, then I'll be good getting a new XL jacket, the Farmer John bottoms seem fine.

Back
Top Bottom