what's under YOUR wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opalobsidian:
I have 20 dives experience, primarily in Cozumel, and have not yet discovered the perfect thing to wear under my wetsuit. Seems like nothing at all would be best, but then what would ya do pre and apres-dive? My bikini strings get entangled and come undone, my husbands trunks bunch up under his suit and take on a wadded up, Depends-like appearance.

So, what do YOU wear under your wetsuit?

Pamela:wink:

My wetsuit has some spare hoses, a spare reg, and some wetsuit boots under it.

It's been pretty lonely since I started diving dry. :cool:

Terry

Under Armor compression shorts/heat shorts.

cummings66:
Swimtrunks. You know there is a trick some guys play when they zip you up and many women can't tell it's being done. It guarantee's you will spill out of your suit when you remove the wetsuit.

Really now? Any guy who tried that with mine'd find his face on the back side of his head pretty soon after, LOL. You can feel the top loosen up! (Well, I can, anyway...)

Anyway, that's why I double-knot my bikini, both top and bottom, and do a quick check before unzipping all the way! Plus I zip myself up if at all possible. I did a liveaboard recently where the dive crew practically insisted on helping with my wetsuit up every time... found that a little odd and a little disconcerting, actually.

Speedo boxer/breif shorts. Work great they dont bunch up, and I dont look silly wearing one out of the wetsuit.

a skin suit makes it easier to put the wet suit on and taken it off.

I don't want to comment on it, just want to forget it (after I dig my eyes out of my head, that is)

As for the under the wetsuit, I am against the one piece for the head reason myself...little flappy curtains and/or freakish doors and/or hanging my rear off the boat is difficult with one hand...sorry for the visual.

I switch up with bikini bottoms and sport bra or like top and rash guard or skin. If you are more modest go the tankini route and steer clear of anything that ties. I also hate things that go around my neck, especially in a suit.

Bueno suerte...

For men I like a good banana hammock....

Underarmour "boxers" or similar.

Probably like jammers or something like that. Basically a bike short, but thinner, no padding. Wear them under board shorts when I'm not in the wetsuit, lose the board shorts before putting on the wetsuit.

They are also great for hiking or anything else active.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom