What's This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Mialkovsky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Found it laying on the backwall this morning

Thing.jpg

I think it falls under the classification of "Marine Debris". How deep was it? How long do you think it's been down there? Lot's of weird stuff has been left behind out there at Molo. (Maybe it came from the recent MDS sinking??? Naaaahh.)

How big is it? Are those zip ties see? Any other markings? ANy other pics? It almost looks like a fire ext system of some sort.

Plastic pipes, hose clamps. Looked like old TV antenna wires holding it together. I'd guess it was about 70 or so feet down the backwall. We started at End of the World and it was just towards the end of the dive.

looks like a bomb.

catherine96821:
looks like a bomb.
There is an old bomb laying on another ledge in the area but I don't think this is, I cropped it and made it a bit bigger....

thingbig.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

Don't suppose you shot that in RAW and could knock the exposure down a bit on the label, eh?

Looks like something researchers might use. Is it made of PVC or metal (I can't quite tell from the pic)? Was the label legible at all? Finally is it attached to the bottom in some manner or is it just laying there?

Our lab used to have an old-style ultraviolet sterilizer that looked exactly like that, down to the dimensions of the shiny blue tag. However, the tag on our unit clearly said "UV sterilizer" on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom