What's this on my porch? A box from FedEx!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onbelaydave

Reaction score
Got back from my birthday "party" last night after an afternoon of climbing at the gym (still pulling 5.12's and kicking the "kids" butts) and a nice dinner with Natasha and found my delayed Fuji S2 on my porch.
After an afternoons practice, here's my results:

40010_5187_1.jpg

Full frame straight from the camera, default settings, RAW to TIFF,60mm micro,ISO 200, NO PS enhancements !

40010_5187_2.jpg

And it crops down pretty well also. (straight from camera...etc,same as above)

This evening I tested the TTL compatability with my old flashes (Thank you Julie !)

40010_5188_1.jpg

Different lens but same as above,straight from camera,default, no PS ! Looks like my old flash works fine !

"Cat Eyeball" cropped from above but "nothing !!" else

40010_5188_2.jpg

So far, I am pleased. I don't think the autofocus is quite as accurate as my N90s. The body+lens is much lighter than my N90s. I can't handhold my favorite lens, the 105 macro anymore as the 1.5X lens factor shows up all my shaking, but the 60mm looks pretty nice. TTL funtion w/all of my old film gear looks fine. There is a very distinct difference between my film scans and the digital images ! I still haven't decided which is 'better". I still need to do a side by side/ same shot comparison.

wow... very very nice

Cool eyeball! Have fun playing with your birthday toy!

Congrats and happy birthday! We can't wait to see how it works underwater :)

cheers!

Great shots. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your underwater pics with the new toy.
Feel free to have one sent for placement on my lanai.

This is my "Sumo Cat" (21 pounds) guarding my camera gear.
sumo_cat.jpg

Eye am impressed! It's the cat's meow! The bee's knees, even! I hope you have a honey of a time with it.

BTW, what housing are yo going to use with it?

NetDoc:
BTW, what housing are yo going to use with it?

As I have an Ike housing for my N90s with ports for every lens I own; if I decide to house it,it would probably be another Ike.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom