What's the story with Canadian Extreme Dive Equipment Co.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jpndave once bubbled...
I'm looking for a permanent solution here. If that means ebay and new scouts, so be it. It sounds like that may be the best option. jonscubas, how does the new tray work and what did you have it made of?

I'll tell you how I found out about the tray problem, I bought another aftermarket Scout Type Backup Light and they do not use brass, they use another type of stamped metal, but this one is press fitted into the I.D. of the light body. I told the guy of about my problem and I sent my CE off to him for modification. The aftermarket Scout Type Light I got is nice, reliable, and boy is it bright they way I had always expected it to be.

The CE tray is free to move around all it wants, it sucks and will now cost me to fix it.

The only thing good about the CE is that the light body has the double O-ring and it has the best grip because of the deep knurling on the handle, no other scout type backup light has such a sticky grip. That's what's good about it.

Hey,

Post pics or a review of your CE when you get it back with the retrofitted tray! I have a pair, and one of them has intermittent tray problems as well (you turn the light on, twist it a bit too far, and it turns off again, and sometimes you have to screw it out a LOT to get it to turn off). The tray kind floats around in there doing its own thing. The body and finishing on the delrin though is fabulous.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Hey,

Post pics or a review of your CE when you get it back with the retrofitted tray! I have a pair, and one of them has intermittent tray problems as well (you turn the light on, twist it a bit too far, and it turns off again, and sometimes you have to screw it out a LOT to get it to turn off). The tray kind floats around in there doing its own thing. The body and finishing on the delrin though is fabulous.

Hi guys, I got great news. I got my CE light battery tray fixed/retrofitted with a custom battery tray that is press fitted into the light body.

It works great, it's super bright and the guys is an awesome person to deal with, he also sells the similar type of 3 cell backup light but of his design, black delrin just like the CE and Halcyon's but in my opinion, better looking, more affordable, functional and DAMN BRIGHT the way it's suppose to be. Better O-Rings, and doesn't leak.

Guess what, he also offers his own custom 18 Watt H.I.D. whips.

His name is Todd, and when you talk to him make sure you tell him that "Jonscubas" refered you over to him that way, he will hook you up big time with your CE light fix.

His email is: divelightman@yahoo.com

For his backup lights he charges $69.00 plus $5 shipping. He also makes the backup light in a different color, I believe in blue.

For the retrofits on your CE Light he charges $30.00 but it's worth it, considering the CE light does have a high quality light body, with good grips, and double O-Ring Seal. Coupled with Todd's custom battery tray retrofit, you will now have a solid backup light that is suppose to do what it was made to do, be reliable, bright, and durable.:)

any pictures would be great!

$30 seems kinda high in price!

Kell

I got my light fixed/retrofitted with the custom battery tray. It's now doing what it's suppose to do, be bright, reliable and durable.

If any of you want your light fixed, contact Todd at divelightman@yahoo.com, tell him "jonscubas" refered you, that way he'll hook you up with the same upgrade.

He also sells custom made 18 Watt HID light heads and whips.

Best of all he sells his version of the 3 Cell backup light, and it comes in different colors.

Give him a buzz and good luck.:)

There were a couple of threads on this, so they have been merged to keep all the information regarding the problem/fix in the one place.

I got a chance to use my retrofitted CE light, and boy what a difference, this sucker is so much brighter than before, I just can't believe it.

Man, I am stoked, definitely was worth it, I trashed the original CE battery tray what a piece of junk.

This was a such a huge difference!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom