Suggestion What's the story here? Forum viewing issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Scuba_Steve

Scuba_Steve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Since yesterday I have had problems with the left side of the forum pages being fully half the screen in width (The ad stuff), and the forum threads not showing up at all it the balance that is left. Just a blank screen with "Who's online" settled nicely at the bottom.

It's happen quite regularly and no it's not my machine as I have tried it on two different ones with two different Browsers.

Refresh doesn't work it out either.

Close out, start over may or may not produce the same results, but it happens more often than not.

I realize it's tough to describe, but that's all she wrote.

Anyone else have the same issues?

I haven't seen that but sounds like a bummer. What is it going to take to get rid of the blood red headers that permeate the board? Is it my computer? Whatever, it is gadawful, tasteless, and hard on the eyes.

This issue can not be duplicated on our test machines although I will continue to look into it. In the mean time, try clearing your cache and cookies and restarting your computer completely. The sidebar area is fixed to a width of about 180pixels, that should not change.

Alternatively you are always welcome to use our default style which contains less graphics and layout components; just go to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=editoptions and look for the forum skin option near the end of the page.

Done as per requested. As mentioned this is on several machines and two browsers, all at the same time.

Same problems, caught a screen shot this time, took 20minutes to get to this area to even be able to make the post.

Maybe this pic would help to describe it better.

Have fun :)

WooHoo made it here again.

Same problem, more screen shots to show full effects.

What browser version is that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom