What's the longest bottom time you have done on an Al 80

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oops, just realized the question is for Single AL80....my bad.

I think it was around 60 mins, avg depth 80ft around Phuket... is a few years back...

Two dives, three weeks APART. Why bother, so much depends on how deep, how cold, what are you doing . . .

Stan

188 mins. But I was at 15' in an olympic pool, looking for a 1 kt. diamond that fell out of an earring. I looked at every square inch of the bottom, twice, and took the filtration system apart every day for a week straight. We never found it.

2hrs 10 minutes on a drift dive also in rainbow river. longest locally was actually 4 ow training dives with two groups of students. Avg depth 30 ft, total bottom time 138 minutes. But then I have not dove an al80 for over a year and a half. last long dive was on a steel72 with max depth of 127 ft for 8 minutes at max(2min descent), 10 at 70 ft, 15 at 50 ft, 20 at 25 ft, 3 min at 13ft, total dive time 58 minutes started with 2600, ended with 1200

Geez, what a air sucking, dive ending, buddy bottom time stealing fool I am! And to think I was proud when I broke 30 minutes. Average depth 50 temp around high 50's to mid 60's in very stiff 7mm. I was moving pretty fast though!! :eyebrow:

PhotoTJ:
188 mins. But I was at 15' in an olympic pool, looking for a 1 kt. diamond that fell out of an earring. I looked at every square inch of the bottom, twice, and took the filtration system apart every day for a week straight. We never found it.

SOMEBODY DID!

My longest dive was my deepest dive strangely. 90 mins or so. Max depth 131' taking pictures of a group of anthias on Hawaii. Only at depth for 10 mins or so. Then spent rest of dive slowly going from 40'-the surface. Don't know average depth but majority of dive was in the 30' range.

Here's a pic from that dive at 130'

82989514-M.jpg

Chris

sharkattack:

a little over 3 hours in a pool, average depth somewhere between 0 and 12 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom