What’s the difference between a MK5 and a MK10?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Watching your YouTube videos did this to me.:oops:
The Mk10,Mk10+ and the Mk25 now have little use .
This is only the first stages, how I now tune the 2nds is another story [G260, G250s, S600 etc]
I am borderline OCD now.

Oh, and loving it.
And sorry, off topic.
I'm Borderline and OCD😁

The less sharp was to help prevent seat cutting, the piston head changes I don’t recall what the justification was off the top of my head but if you search “scuba pro composit piston” you’ll find some insight. The yoke retainer was a bit long and over torquing caused some body cracks, the company may still honor the recall.

for the most part you can find very nice functioning first stages for less than the cost of upgrading and servicing this mk20. On a side note have you tried changing the position of the spacer rings on the piston head, meaning putting the one on the bottom on the other side of the o ring?

Thank You for the reply I do like the Piston being less sharp and hopefully less touchy about sealing .. There is really very little on the Internet about the mk20 ..several mk25 videos etc and their piston is different ..no 2 wipers .. I just already had this one and wanting (I think) to get back into diving I thought I'd look at it ...You'r right about just using a different 1st stage ... I have a sherwood 3200 series I put together and it works fine ..My old rig used a Sherwood 3100 first stage .. the one that came with that Posiden thing ..It's just worn out ..no parts available etc etc ... Guess I'll just try this sherwood the dry bleed is working even ...just going with an old MR12 Mares 2nd stage ..should be good enough for that ... I'll just put this mk20 away till I'm REAL Bored .. I tried swapping the rings on the piston but it's the same problem ..first wiper goes in o-ring goes in but the second wiper just extrudes from the o-ring pushing on it ... I read somewhere they changed the piston stem seal system because it was easier to machine the part without it ..that seems a little sketchy to me
Thanks Again for your Help Don J.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom