Whats the deal with the fish at CSSP lately

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryanh1985

Contributor
Reaction score
Today, my dive buddy got a nice bloody ear. Then after that I was messing around in the plane and a bass straight up attacked me. :11: (Really wish we could have got that on video as I bet it looked pretty funny.)

Anyways Vis was decent above 40 ft. probebly around 15 feet. Around the plane was pretty murky. The silo's were cold and vis was crap around 1-2 feet at best. Great day of diving though, got in about 3 hours of diving and saw just about the whole pond, got in some good work with my reel (Even managed to completely lock it up, blaming that one of Alan for telling me that they have that problem:D). Saw more fish that I have ever seen out there. Went looking for the coffin, but was no where to be seen.(I think the map in the office is wrong:11doh:). Oh and where is this fake ship mine I keep hearing about?

My son was attacked by a big bass in the airplane today too. I did the whole lake also. When i started this morning vis was 20+ ft. on the east end. On the west end vis was 10 ft or less in places. I found the coffin. Swam right by it TWICE, but finally stumbled upon it. Don't know about a fake mine. Overall a very productive day.

If you head about 45 degrees to the right from cisco's mouth there is a 1 in 100 chance you'll find the mine. It's at about 10 or 12 feet but the anchor chain goes all the way to the bottom.

no I am afraid to go do my OW there in two weeks, I am afraid the bass know that I have been catching their brothers over at purtiss creek all these years, karma is going to be a bittch on this one..

The bass are guarding nests. The sunfish are just being territorial. They have become accustomed to divers and no longer see them as a personal threat, so they guard territory.

I like having two assistants in the water this time of year. One to help watch students, the other to keep them from getting bit.

TwoBit

The bass are guarding their eggs and newly hatched babies. When the babies get a little older and swim in schools, the adult bass aren't as aggressive.

The bass are guarding nests. The sunfish are just being territorial. They have become accustomed to divers and no longer see them as a personal threat, so they guard territory.

I like having two assistants in the water this time of year. One to help watch students, the other to keep them from getting bit.

TwoBit

I see another specialty cert :D

Went looking for the coffin, but was no where to be seen.(I think the map in the office is wrong:11doh:). Oh and where is this fake ship mine I keep hearing about?

Congratulations on locking the reel up. :D
The map is wrong. I keep hearing that the coffin moves around from time to time. I saw that someone posted the coffing being 180 degrees off the entry platform. That is wrong too.

If you head about 45 degrees to the right from cisco's mouth there is a 1 in 100 chance you'll find the mine. It's at about 10 or 12 feet but the anchor chain goes all the way to the bottom.

Yea. ZzzKing is about right. Draw a straight line from Cisco to the cabin cruiser boat. The mine is 50% of that distance and some short distance to the right of that line.

I thought the mine was sitting in 18 ft of water though. Not 12 ??

Well, enough of this armchair diving stuff. I am off to Clear Springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom