What's the best way to ship tanks from LA to NYC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just recieved my pony from Scubatoys with the valve in, but no pressure in the cylinder.

As for shipping options, FedEx Ground or UPS Ground are likely the better options for only 2 cylinders. If you were shipping more, freight options could be better (box on pallet) such as ABF or FedEx freight. I have a buddy that transports a lot of stuff around the country using ABF using the self packed cardboard crates on pallets, if you had several cylinders it would be something to look at...or if you were just moving other stuff along with them.

MEL-DC Diver:
Yeah, I just got a HP100 shipped to me from Scubatoys with the valve on and probably 25-50 psi of air in there. The VIP was already done and I just got it filled. Easy as pie.

So you're the one! I called them last Friday to order an AL30 and two HP100s. They only had one HP100 left. I had to order my other one from another source but then couldn't get the ScubaBoard discount. :(

Divin'Hoosier:
So you're the one! I called them last Friday to order an AL30 and two HP100s. They only had one HP100 left. I had to order my other one from another source but then couldn't get the ScubaBoard discount. :(

Yeah, sorry about that. I just had to have it and figured that I wouldn't run into the other poor sap that needed two. Who knew! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom