What’s the best photograph you've taken whilst scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Technically, I wasn't scuba diving, I was hooked up to a Hooka surface supplied air and hanging out in a cage off of Isla Guadalupe Mexico.

A 17 foot Great White Shark coming over to say "Hi."
View attachment 651298

Great shot!

I have been trying to do this since last year. My trip has been cancelled twice due to the pandemic. Hopefully the third one, September 2022, will happen.

I have some favorites, not best
2A85C3D2-1E05-4DBC-B6DB-129C641F6917.jpeg
58B32054-3F14-4B50-B5A4-3272BCFE48AA.jpeg

This is easily my favourite though... my stepdaughter on her very first fun dive :)
Actually it's one of my better green water pics... still working on technique.
The earlier posts are easy when you have clear bright blue water and bright coloured coral and critters lol

UXIR7127.JPG

I have several SCUBA diving “Kodak moments’. One of them is when I saw Oceanic Whitetip Shark, Longimanus Carcharhinus, on a bright sunny day, clear blue water of Elphinstone, Red Sea, Egypt.

View attachment 651273

Dayam!

This is looking up my umbilical at the PTC (navy diving bell) from almost 950'/290M. It was shot on film with a Nikonos and I was amazed that anything came out at all. It was the deepest photo taken by a diver at that point. Too bad nobody could tell what the heck it was. :(

upload_2021-4-2_12-16-36.png

There was another diver about 10'/3M from me and the strobe didn't even pick up his umbilical. The backscatter-looking dots are my bubbles with the bell lights shining through them. There were three 1000w incandescent Birns & Sawyer 120V light heads.

upload_2021-4-2_12-30-10.png

This is one I like a lot I saw a turtle head up to the surface for a breather so I just waited where I was and the turtle used me as a way point and headed right back at me then into a cavity where it would take a long rest.

This video is worth watching to the end. At first my small lights are not close enough to get colour then you see the colour come.

I set my tray on a rock then as I was leaving the Octopus was bitten twice by a fish. My insta dive buddy was behind me did not even see the octopus and looks back at me as he passed me. When he saw the video he asked when was that I said on the dive with you but you just ignored your dive buddy lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom