Whats the advantages of Oly5060 over Canon A95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trade in your gf for strobe & lenses? :crafty: (Sorry, that joke's getting old. You've got a great gf if she's giving you an Oly 5060 :D )

Check out Inon; I think it's www.inonamerica.com if you're in the US. Or, talk w/ Ryan who posted here. I'm pretty sure Inon makes a lens adapter for the Canon housing & their D-2000 is supposed to be really easy to use.

JJP161:
...snip...

So if I do decide to go with the Canon what are my options for adding an external strobe? What kind of results could I expect and does the Canon housing allow you to add on the different lenses?

Joe

hdtran:
Trade in your gf for strobe & lenses? :crafty: (Sorry, that joke's getting old. You've got a great gf if she's giving you an Oly 5060 :D )

Check out Inon; I think it's www.inonamerica.com if you're in the US. Or, talk w/ Ryan who posted here. I'm pretty sure Inon makes a lens adapter for the Canon housing & their D-2000 is supposed to be really easy to use.

So if I understand this correctly the flash would connect and fire by a fiber optic cable and this is a good thing correct? I also believe there is a brand new wireless flash for the A95 would there be anyway to use this? Thank-you everyone.

JJP161:
So if I understand this correctly the flash would connect and fire by a fiber optic cable and this is a good thing correct? I also believe there is a brand new wireless flash for the A95 would there be anyway to use this? Thank-you everyone.

Yes, the Inon flash syncs via a fiber optic. I believe that the Canon accessory flash (not housed, unless you want to DIY) fires off of the main flash.

Inon does make a base adaptor for the WP-DC50, which is the housing for the A95 if I am not mistaken. The base adaptor has a place on which to mount the fiber-optic cable that links the external strobe to the internal flash, to trigger the strobe without requiring a direct wire connection through the housing. As you have seen, there are differing opinions as to which may be better. Many on this board, including myself, use the Inon D-2000 (or similar D-180, the prior version), which is a fiber-optic only strobe, and I have thus far been happy with mine (purchased, incidentally, from Ryan!). The base adaptor will allow you to mount additional lenses from Inon, including wide angle and macro lenses, though at present I have no experience with these. I hope to soon, as I will be ordering a lens shortly. Good luck with your camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom