Whats my wing Worth? Diamond Subgravity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a Diamond Subgravity with a medium bladder. It's a Mexican style sidemount rig meant to be used with two AL 80s. Value new is $600. This one is showing signs of wear. So assuming the bladder is not leaking at all and there are no other structural problems, used price range should be between $300-$400 depending on how quickly you want to part with it.

Pricing is whacky with used gear. I saw a guy last night attempting to sell a Dive Rite Classic primary reel for more than the new cost on DGX. I privately messaged him asking about the price and he told me the reel had sentimental value to him. Bizarre. The real deals on used gear are people who bought quality stuff a couple years ago and now just want to get it out of their garage. People selling almost new doubles sets for $200 and high end reg sets for $100. They get snatched up very fast.

I'm looking at the Dive Rite XT because it works for doubles as well :wink:
May I ask why you want a hybrid bcd for doubles back and sidemount? I'm curious cause normally someone is deadrock set on going full sidemount or full doubles back.

May I ask why you want a hybrid bcd for doubles back and sidemount? I'm curious cause normally someone is deadrock set on going full sidemount or full doubles back.
Mostly side mount but I’m a nerd and interested in diving both

The nomad looks like a great cold water rig. I haven't tried one but can see why you might want to.
I think a few here on SB use them for sm. I have a different hybrid system that works just fine. We're not talking motorhome/racecar hybrid. It's a harness and a wing. Mine will accept a backplate and dive a big bm single or sidemount doubles with no bp needed.
While you're waiting for yours to sell, put out an ad looking for a Nomad. I got mine at a swap meet for $175 cad. practically new.
Someone who dives one should be along any time now....
@tbone1004

The nomad looks like a great cold water rig. I haven't tried one but can see why you might want to.
I think a few here on SB use them for sm. I have a different hybrid system that works just fine. We're not talking motorhome/racecar hybrid. It's a harness and a wing. Mine will accept a backplate and dive a big bm single or sidemount doubles with no bp needed.
While you're waiting for yours to sell, put out an ad looking for a Nomad. I got mine at a swap meet for $175 cad. practically new.
Someone who dives one should be along any time now....
@tbone1004
What, in your opinion, makes it a great cold water rig?

Well, it's got enough lift in case of a ds flood, a butt plate to handle heavy steel tanks, it's fully modular so you could travel with a tiny wing for warm water.
It looks well built with ss hardware and comes from a reputable retailer.
In comparison, mine is more Mexico style and minimalist.
While neither may be suitable for technical wreck or cave diving, they still work fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom