What's in your snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently went snorkeling but it was a spontaneous trip and my snorkel didn't make it into my gear bag. Fortunately my friend I was with had an extra one and offered it to me. As we were gearing up I was getting ready to put my mouth to the mouth piece when I (thankfully) decided to look into the snorkel first and guess what was there....a dead mouse!!!! UGHHHHHH!!!! I almost threw up! I thought about it later that I should've gotten a picture to post on here but I was so grossed out all I could think about was getting rid of it!! And no, I didn't use the snorkel!!
So I'm wondering if anyone else has found anything disgusting in their snorkel and what was it?
IMG_0071.PNG

no but you have a great example of looking before you leap......i feel your nausea.

I've heard of cockroaches crawling into regs. Want to give those puppies a blast before putting them in your mouth.

What's a snorkel?
Sounds like a mouse coffin. I'll dug up mine and check.

Found fiberglass insulation packed in a reg once.... immediately learned to purge before inhaling even on dry land.

During our checkout dives my youngest had a random bug fly into his mouthpiece while we were waiting at the surface. Went to use it and ingested said critter. He was not happy.

During our checkout dives my youngest had a random bug fly into his mouthpiece
That's not a bug... that's a "feature". :D :D :D

I've heard of cockroaches crawling into regs. Want to give those puppies a blast before putting them in your mouth.
Don't go to 'stralia, ever. Having roaches coming out of their reg bag is not something people usually appreciate :confused:.

Back then I'd check the regs for any of those fancy animals that try to kill us daily, and also the drysuit was something I was a bit worried about every now and then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom